Monday, January 11, 2010

Rainbow Over Lahaina for January


I'm taking a break from the sock for Fred and have started Adrienne's "Rainbow" pattern again using CPY Bamboo Cotton in "misty greens". I decided I had used the wrong size when starting it with the Amerika yarn. I am double checking the size and loving this yarn. I hadn't used it before and it will definitely use it again. It is so nice and soft and I think shows the pattern nicely. I believe this is the correct size for me and am so happy I won't have to give it away since I sure do like it. Amazing how much easier it is to knit when the directions are followed. :)

8 comments:

debi's place said...

Wow what a great pattern. Where did you find it? I may have to knit that. Looks wonderful.

peacockmom said...

Check your Dec posting with the 2 pair of great looking socks. LOL This pattern DOES look different depending on which yarn is used. Wonderful, isn't it?! I think it is my new favorite. :)

adrienne said...

i LOVE it! LOL!

debi's place said...

Oh really??? Guess you need to send the finished sock to me to see.. Size 7.5 US sizing. I promise to check them closely to see.

midnightknitter said...

Love the pattern and the color...guess I am going to have to find CPY Bamboo Cotton and give it a try. Thanks! Renee'

peacockmom said...

Oh, no you don't! These are for MY feet. US size 6 AAA in case you want to knit me any clogs LOLOLOL. I'm on a roll this year to keep more of my knitting instead of giving most of it away as usual. (Fred excluded, of course). Greedy, nervy, eh?! :)

peacockmom said...

I hope you can find the yarn, Renee. I got mine here in Australia from an Aussie website since we don't have any LYS anywhere near me. I got it about a year ago and wish I bought more of it and hope to use more of it in the future.
Susan Druding of CPY might be able to help you with it. :)

debi's place said...

Guess I will need to go find out what "Clogs" are. Not sure about that.