Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fish tails and socks - progress


I participated in the Rodekool Brioche Scarf KAL too. (rav project page) Even the same color of Mini Mochi (neptune) as Lorraine. My scarf took a little less than 1 skein, so about 193 yds. Needles US 5 (3.75mm). Started it Jan 1st, finished Feb 10th.
This was an easy/hard(@#^&) scarf. It's a four row repeat and I just couldn't get the hang of the first row till almost the end. And separating for the ribbed section messed me up both times. The 2nd -4th rows were a breeze. My 9yr old model loves it.

The second project are a pair of toe-up socks I'm teaching. It's interesting how several people can have the same idea at about the same time.
I came up with this pattern on my own after knitting some regular top-down heel flap socks. It involved a lot of frogging. At the time I couldn't find any patterns with this construction, but now I'm starting to see this construction in some published patterns.
These socks are in Panda Superwash, color leaf shades, needles US 1 1/2 (2.5mm). Hope to have them done before the end of the month.

No comments: