Sunday, February 20, 2011

More for Me!

I posted earlier about these mittens. (Details on February 1) They took 196 yards of worsted weight wool and are my own design. Of course, they match my coat. I wore it to the yarn store.

By them selves, they are not enough yardage. Then I remembered the KAL on Ravelry. We did/are doing a two color brioche scarf from Knitty called Rodekool. Yarn called for is CPY Mini Mochi.

I ran short on yarn, frogged back, still was a little short, was able to get yarn from someone else, and I finished about January 30 for the final time. 195 yards of yarn.

Yarn: CPY Mini Mochi in Neptune Rainbow
Needles: US #5/3.75 mm

Originally, I had bought another yarn, because I don't have local access to Mini Mochi. Decision was made to knit the scarf in that yarn also. I'm not sure who will wear the scarf, it may become a gift. One yarn is Jojoland Melody superwash. The other is Aussi Sock. The pattern is tricky, so I decided to knit it again while I remembered the tricks.

No comments: