Thursday, October 23, 2008

Three button wrap

It was a struggle to get in here, but I finally made it. It's taken me another week to post my projects. Whew.

This is my first attempt at my Three Button Wrap, using Claudia Hand Painted worsted in Roasted Chilies. It was frogged because the needles I used were too small and the resulting drape wasn't comfortable.



I restarted it with size 10 needles and it was perfect. It didn't take too long to finish. I still need to block it, weave in the ends, and crochet around the buttonhole. And I need to see if that dog head is still stuck to it.


I used exactly 3 skeins of Claudia's worsted, 504 yards.

As soon as I finished that one, I cast on the second, which is now half done. I love these things! Same yarn, same needles. It's a totally mindless knit, great for watching tv or movies or knitting in the car. This one is for a co-worker; the first one is mine-all-mine!


I haven't even looked for buttons for these. I want something unusual, and they have to be 2.5" each. I may get my daughter to make some from Sculpey, however that's spelled. She's artistic and could make something really cool.

No comments: