Friday, October 24, 2008

Mittens Complete

I finished my daughters mittens the other day.

The multi colored pair are made out of Plymouth Galway Paint and used approx 130 yds. The purple mittens are made out of The Unique Sheep Foot Prints sock yarn and I used approx. 100 yds. It gets cold & windy here so both pair worn together will give the extra warm need to keep my daughters fingers from freezing while waiting for the bus in the morning. Grand total yardage for all mittens is 230 yards. I used the Elegant and Easy Cable Mittens for the Family found in the book 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders. I followed the same pattern for the purple mittens but I omitted the cable. I didn't think it was needed since the purple mittens are to be worn inside the other mittens.

I'm still working on the bamboo socks for my daughter and the Errant socks for my mom. I'll be starting a baby blanket for my cousin who is due in December.

No comments: