Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yankee Fox Mike socks finished



This pattern is one of Fred's favorite socks: Gridiron by Anne Hanson of Knitspots. This is the second pair I've knit with our plane's color scheme, however, this time I did the stripes much better thanks to tips from Adrienne. :) White is Patonyle, red is knit pick bare that I dyed with Wilton's red and blue is knit pick "blue jay" (as I recall). Fingers crossed this pair doesn't have the colors run like the first pair.
I'm adding a pic of the plane that Fred built starting in our family room in CA and finishing here in Oz. 15 years from beginning to end and when he took it back east to the national air show, he won 2 first places: Concours d'Elegance + Best Composite aircraft. Am I proud of him?! I will need to knit a lot of YFM socks over the years...

No comments: