Monday, November 3, 2008

socks for my brother

this is the start of socks for my brother's birthday...from last year. it really is not my fault that he has yet to receive a pair of completed socks. it took him almost a whole year to send me his measurements. even now, i am not sure that he measured his foot correctly...a heel flap of 3 1/2"? still seems kind of long to me. and i rarely see him at a place where i can whip out a tape measure and measure it myself.

the pattern is old navy, a nice change from a plain 2x2 ribbing. he wanted blue socks. so he is getting blue socks (regia line steps #5374). i cast-on 72 sts on us 1.5 addis (2.5mm). the pattern is not a true cable so there is a lot of stretch to the leg. will probably knit the foot in plain stockinette or maybe carry some of the ribbing down. don't think those little twirly things will be very comfortable in a shoe.

adrienne

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh, I like that pattern! I'll have to put that in my queue...