Saturday, November 8, 2008

Works in Progress

My buddy, Debi, has inspired me to knit felted clogs. I have to confess I'm in love with the pattern and have knitted many in the past. When the clogs are done, they are SO warm and comfy. We have a new "man cave" so what better place to be able to wear warm, comfy slippers?

The clogs are made with Patons Merino - each pair takes about 330 yards (although in reality it's 660 but since it's a double strand, well, it's only fair, ya know!). This pair is ready for the washing machine:


Here's what they looked like being made


(the color's better in this picture too)

This pair is for my younger son, who is on an orange and navy blue kick right


And lastly, I'm making a scarf for our boys' teacher of the deaf, the fabulous Miss Linda. The pattern is called Tiger Eye Lace Scarf - I found it on Ravelry. The yarn is Noro Silk Garden Sock. I'll use the full skein of 328 yards.


Happy knitting! Soon some FOs - I hope...

2 comments:

debi's place said...

Have you ever given these as a gift unfelted? It is so much fun to watch the face of the receiver, who is wondering if the giver has really lost it.

I then felt the clogs for them and they are happy.

adrienne said...

i give them unfelted too. my brother wore one as a hat.

love the scarf...my colors! (wink)