Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cashmere Clapotis

I finished knitting that Clapotis scarf a week ago, but it's been languishing in my knitting bag, waiting to be blocked into shape. Last night, I finally got around to blocking it, and this morning, it was dry and ready for its photo debut.Cashmere is such a diva.
Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, 3 skeins (300 yards)
Needles: Denise US size 6
Modifications: the pattern called for a few too many repeats for my taste, so I only did about six of them. I'm really glad I did, because even with cutting the pattern short, I still had an 8-inch wide scarf! Once the stitches were dropped, the width really grew!
Length: about 5 1/2 feet once blocked

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

That's beautiful

SimplyMe said...

Wow, that looks perfectly sinful. Enjoy wearing it.