Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy 150th Birthday, Italy

Here's my March edition of the KAL completed. It is the Cuff-to-Cuff Pullover by Jen Hagen. My son wanted a sweater in Italian flag colors because Italy celebrated it's 150th birthday this month, two days after he celebrated his 9th. I didn't finish it in time for either celebration, but we had agreed on that beforehand. I'm very pleased with the results and, even better, so is he! This is a very nice pattern, although I enlarged the size 10 slightly and it fits him like a glove.

Left Sleeve
Unfortunately we haven't had a sunny day in which to photograph it outside. Luckily the weather's still barely cool enough for him to wear it...not sure it'll fit next year! About the colors...I know they're not exactly right, but I work with what's available. Also he's wearing it backwards in this photo because the neckline seemed to be oriented the wrong way. Actually it works just fine either way and he's wearing it the other way around today.

No comments: