Friday, April 1, 2011

garter fun

First item is an elephant that used 34g of yarn for knitting = 156yds. Used Serenity sock yarn. Started back on January 16th. Pattern in an online copy of Australian newspaper found through rav.  Got sidetracked with all kinds of stuff but finally finished it March 31st. I made this for my 9yr old daugher who loves elephants. Her verdict is love at first sight :)  My elephant project on Ravelry.

Second item is a pair of fingerless mittens for my 11yr old daughter. This was a big hit with her, AND her classmates.  Used 32g of knitpicks essential sock yarn = 147yds. Pattern my own, just garter st rectangle with thumb gusset made sideways, slip stitch crochet closed. mittens on rav  Total yards for finished objects in March 156 + 147 = 303yds.  My 2011 projects so far, rav link to things I started in 2011 and hope to finish in 2011.


No comments: