Sunday, November 23, 2008

FOs and WIPs

This is what I've finished this weekend - I posted yardages previously.

Here are the Falling Leaves socks by Debbie O'Neill. It's a sock of the month club kit from The Knitter - isn't it gorgeous? The yarn is Alpaca Sox - soft, soft, soft and it feels great. This is a sock for ME.


I finished two pairs of felted clogs for the menfolk in the family. Here are Hugh's:


And these are Sam's:


I also finished Sam's Red Sox "good juju" socks (which got the Sox only so far this year *sigh*). The yarn is Lorna's Laces Loopy colorway. It's a self-striping yarn - very tiny stripes which I kind of like and Sam loves!

This is a Christmas present for "someone". The pattern is Monkey by Cookie A The yarn is Panda Wool Circus - isn't it gorgeous? Sometimes it's really hard to give away socks I make!



A couple of new projects OTN:

This is the pattern Menehune Cobblestones by my favorite designer, Adrienne Fong The yarn is Malabrigo sock, which I purchased from The Loopy Ewe in St. Louis. Gorgeous, soft yarn. Not sure who the sock will be for - maybe my older son? I'll use one ball which is 440 yards.


This pattern is called Take Flight by Monica Jines - I purchased this pattern and yarn also from The Loopy Ewe (they have such a fun, interesting selection and their customer service can't be beat). The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill - possum. Yes, you read that right - there's actually possum fur spun into the yarn. It's supposed to be really warm, which should be wonderful for our cold winters in New Hampshire. I'm using two skeins - 440 yards.


Tom's clogs are OTN. I'll use about 350 yards of Patons Merino worsted. I love these colors!


(sorry about the bad pictures - I clearly need photography lessons!)

No comments: