Monday, November 24, 2008

Three singles

Well, I have now successfully completed three single socks (ah, the joys of test-knitting patterns). Alas that they don't make a pair! Did anyone ever decide if two unmatched singles count as a pair? In case they do, I'm including them, but I understand if they don't.
Sock the first. This is the Kicking Leaves sock (Ravelry link) by Laura Patterson, knit in Old Maiden Aunt yarn, to the tune of 150 yards.

And then there's sock the second.
That's one of Anne Hanson's Woodsmoke socks, knit in Socks That Rock lightweight. About 180 yards.

And, finally, the one that isn't a test-knit. I worked on this one at a conference over the weekend, and finished it up quickly (there was a lot of sitting still happening).
That's my own pattern (with the funky toe-up heel I've been wanting to try), knit in Chasing Rainbows Dyeworks yarn (a 50/50 merino/tencel blend) in the forest colorway. I used about 200 yards for that one.

Now let's see if I can knit some second socks before I get distracted by something else!

2 comments:

adrienne said...

i dunno yet. almost everyone who posted a comment felt that test knitting and sample knitting should count because only one is needed.

of course, debi is being stubborn. but i know that she just finished two single socks for samples too so maybe she will change her mind about whether these should count.

they are lovely! and i personally think that they should count.

SimplyMe said...

I am in love with your self designed socks. If you are ever in mind to sell the pattern, let me know!!! TIA!