Monday, February 2, 2009

52 week January totals











Hi, Here are the finished items. Wintery cowl from Jan/Feb "Crochet Today" magazine 250 yards. I used Red Heart Homespun "grape" yarn and a size M needle. I liked a larger gauge with this yarn. The Noro two-row scarf used 4 skeins of Kureyon at 440 yards. Believe me it takes just as much time to choose the yarn as it does to knit it up! My whole LYS and the "girls" have been sucked into a vortex with this one. I will make probably two more this year for gifts. (I could not find the yardage for the dish cloth that was previously posted. My husband or kids threw away the ball band. I also finished two more scrubbies and will count them for Feb too.)
jody

5 comments:

adrienne said...

you did it, jody!!! yeah!

Redraobwons77 said...

Jody, Thank you SO much for posting where you got the yummy cowl pattern, what kind of yarn you used, an what size hook if it is different than what was originally called for. Tomorrow I will start the hunt for both! I thnk it might make for some yummy presents!

Redraobwons77 said...

Whoo-hoo, found the pattern, the yarn (bummer, different color, love yours!), and a size M needle. Now I have to relearn how to crochet! did you make any changes to the pattern? I have to tell you that they should have used YOUR cowl for the magazine; yours is SO much prettier!

jdhforjc said...

I got the magazine at the grocery store (Winco) a week age. The pattern is pretty simple. I just made more rows. I wanted it to fit chunkier when I pulled it up over my head. I too love, love, love this color. I am bummed it is no longer around. I got it at JoAnne Fabrics. I gave away my purple scarf too. Oh well.
Jody

SimplyMe said...

Whoooo hoooooo!