Friday, February 6, 2009

Super Slouch



Hi all! This project doesn't count for Feb. and isn't a UFO but I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I'd share anyway. I've been wanting a cute slouchy hat for ages but the ones I make (and try on at stores) are always too small because I have a massive head and a ton of really thick hair. So this time I used much thicker yarn than the pattern called for and larger needles and I looooove how it came out! It has the perfect amount of slouch and it's purple which automatically makes it awesome. The pattern is A Slouch for All Seasons by Melissa LaBarre of Knitting School Droupout (love her blog, she has such great style!) and the yarn is Cotton Ease in plum.

I really need to kick it into high gear with my charity scarf (Feb. project) if I want to get it done to donate by the 15th. I've been spending a lot of time getting my Etsy shop ready so I haven't had tons of free knitting time, but now I should be able to devote the time needed to get it done.

-Kala

4 comments:

SimplyMe said...

It looks great.

I so understand on the opposite end of the spectrum. My mom, dd2 and I can all wear toddler hats.....but who in the heck wants to wear one?!? Anything in a style we like flops and slides all over the place. I'm so glad you made your solution!

peacockmom said...

Looks so nice on you. Great that you figured out the right size; definitely seems made for you which of course, it was! :)

maz said...

Cool hat!
I am in the big head with masses of hair league as well. I have now three ways to make a hat for me, but am struggling to find the right size, or more the right style, for my second daughter. So far, four nice hats for her, neither fits her style :-)

sailorcross said...

I love this hat!! It looks like something I could wear, and believe me, I AM NOT A HAT PERSON!!

Going to have to check this one out though!! I love the slouch look!!

Beth