Monday, October 27, 2008

Casting on

Well, I'm almost done with a scarf, and I've cast on for a baby blanket. Here's the scarf:
This scarf is a belated birthday present for a friend of mine, so it's a good thing it's almost done! That's handspun yarn, so I'm not sure how exact my measurements are, but I've used about 200 yards of it, and am about to cast off; I think there are another 80 yards or so in that ball.

I also got started on Friday on a baby blanket for a cousin who is due on Christmas eve. I'm hoping to have it done before her baby shower in two weeks; I've finished the first skein already, so I might be able to pull it off. This is the pinwheel baby blanket, in Lorna's Laces worsted weight superwash wool. There's just no way to take a good picture of it, since it's a blob on circular needles, but here's what I've got; I'm finished with the brown yarn, and am starting on a band of blue.
Each skein is 220 yards, so that's how far in I am, and I'll total 660 when I'm done (plus whatever edging I decide on).

No comments: