Monday, October 5, 2009

Holiday knitting begins



We miss autumn color living here and each October/November I find myself decorating the house with northern hemisphere seasonal items. This is a bit strange since it is Spring in Oz. After Thanksgiving we are ready to let Fall go and get ready for Christmas (in summer here). I will take a photo of the little tree with the autumn leaves I'm knitting in between other projects. The green and the red Cascade Heritage yarn is left from recent socks for Fred. The pattern is free on rav and is "mountain laurel leaf" by Bonnie Sennott. I think the leaves would make a nice closure for a jacket or vest and are very fast to knit. The acorn is also free on rav and is by Susan Rees-Osborne.
I plan to knit a chipmunk using Barbara Prime's pattern as a surprise for Fred to go with the squirrel I knit last year. We miss those critters here, but have other native marsupials that are adorable.
There are other acorn patterns I hope to make before the T-giving celebration and will post progress as it occurs (hopefully!).

No comments: