Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gift mitt almost finished in 1 day


October Leaves mitts by Abbie Tilden

I frogged the beginning of my secret garden shawl and am using the Unique Sheep's gradiance yarn #1 color of the peacock colorway for these fingerless mitts. I love this pattern and will be making more of these for gifts. I put the mitt with some peacock feathers to try and show the emerald color of the yarn in the feathers along with sapphire blue. But the lighting is awful today for taking pics and hopefully they will look better in the finished posting. But since I started last night and am almost finished with the first one, I thought I'd better post while I can.

This is a fast and fun knit. I wrote the designer about a question (I misunderstood her directions) and she was delightfully helpful. The next pair will be in a 3 ply alpaca that I hope to dye in autumn colors.

I will finish this in a couple of days. See the pattern on rav for a much better photo of this pattern.

No comments: