Sunday, October 4, 2009

October 52-week progress and finished project.







Hi again. Here is my finished traveling scarf for Katie. I worked on other people's scarves for a total of 5" on 10 scarves. I have posted pictures of different ones since April 3rd. And here is the finished scarf for Katie. (Nathan's is in Italy right now and delayed.) Doesn't she look cute. She even got the fan out to blow her hair! I tried not to crack up laughing! She is getting so big and knows what she wants! I have figured that I knit about 200 yds. (The palindrome had way more yardage and cables.) I can not wait to see Nathan's. The kid's think they are cool because their scarves are world travelers!
More October progress photos for the 52-week and KAL are of a pair of Mittens and a traveling scarf for me. I am making Bella's Mitten's by Marielle Henault (googled it.) I am using Frog Tree's 100% alpaca with size 8 needles. I do not think that the scarf will be done by the end of the year (but I will post progress pics anyway.) I am using a variety of LYS quality yarns this time. My favorite to use is an alpaca in baby blue and almost an olive green from Lamb's Pride. My scarf will be in Lamb's Pride in a black varigated color and the Palindrome pattern on Ravelry. I forgot a progress for mine, but I will make it way longer than 50"to 60". The person I sent it to has a pic that I will get on this site asap.
Jody

1 comment:

adrienne said...

katie is a kick and looks very happy with her scarf!